Thursday, March 17, 2011

Purple on the Plate

Yes, those are purple potatoes mixed in there.

My husband wooed me with these lovely spuds a few years ago while we were still dating. Who doesn’t love purple food?! For years they were incredibly difficult to find in our grocery store, until now.

They are sold in a lovely, little fingerlings bag of mixed potatoes in our meager but present organic section. We resisted the ultimate temptation to devour all of them and I set some aside to root. I know some gardeners don’t recommend this, but an experienced gardener friend gave me the “thumbs up” so I am trusting her and this man who seemed to have a good experience.

So, they have been decorating the corner of my kitchen for a few weeks now. Soon they will decorate the corner of my garden.

No comments: