Sunday, January 30, 2011

Flip-flops in February

I know it's not February yet, but go with the alliteration. I live in Central TX and when my friends in NY are getting dumped on by 20 inches of snow, while that is beautiful and I'm sure at times, enjoyable, I'm cold natured enough to appreciate my warmer climate. I love breaking out the flip-flops and sometimes, shorts in the middle of winter and enjoying some hours outside.

We had dinner with our friends outside on Friday evening and the weather could not have been more perfect.

Thin layers + fire-pit + Yankee Pot Roast = Perfect

This is just a teaser though. We'll have another winter blast in the middle of this week. Living in Central Texas means that anything goes for weather. Who could forget our snowy Easter of 2007? It isn't often that you get to see snow on bluebonnets!

Stay tuned in the next couple weeks for:

v My first batch of Kombucha.

v A cute little knitted baby-hat for a friend’s newborn on the east coast.

v A finger labyrinth burned into a piece of wood.

v A knitted head-band/neck warmer. (A great, quick project to keep my interest long term.)

v Some harvest from my garden.

v Four knitted baby-blankets for two friend's babies and two nieces all of which are between 6 months and 2 years late.

No comments: